This is my fifth year doing Movember, growing just a mustache, to get people talking and motivated to solve critical health risks facing men today. Personally I like to focus on men’s mental health because it affects everyone in their life including their wives, children, co-workers, and more. 3 out of 4 suicides are committed by men with more than 500,000 men dying every year from it – in fact that’s 87 per day in the USA! We’ve got to get people talking, changing the culture that surrounds getting help with our mental health.
In years past, I grew my mustache and solicited donations, but I didn’t host any events to help raise awareness. This year I plan to host a Movember Twitch stream every week in hopes of getting more folks involved.
I’ve uploaded the streams to YouTube, so please check them out there if you’re interested – though not quite as fun as hanging out and participating with us live.
- November 4, 2016 – Virginia Natural Playthrough
- November 11, 2016 – Casual Street Fighter V, Open Lobby
- To learn more about the Movember Foundation, check them out here: http://us.movember.com/programs/strategy
- To join, learn more about, or donate to our team, please check us out here: http://moteam.co/codeandkill
- Shoutout to my 3 year Mo Bro Ken Webber, check out his website over here: http://www.labswitched.com
My Movember Progress
Movember Twitch Resources
Interested in streaming? You can use these various layouts and headers I made for Twitch:
Download Movember themed Twitch profile headers here: mo-headings.zip
Download Movember themed stream layout here: mo-layout.zip
Download Movember themed stream offline image here: mo-offline.zip